in Hocking Hills, Ohio.
WE RECOMMEND Everyone come in by 374 & Keister Road, near 'Rock House' - -
as the other end of our road, at Big Pine, is a Significant Hill . BY THE WAY - neither
'Webster Road' nor 'Sowers Road' go all the way through anymore .... DO NOT use them.
Our NEW address (March 2013) is ....
18920 Keifel Road, Laurelville, Ohio, 43135
10 step Directions
Basic Driving Directions from/off St.Rt. 33 - Logan, OH
# 1. Call & make a reservation 1st.
...I do not mean to sound Rude, BUT ...
Please remember, we DON'T do DriveIns/WalkIns.
Please respect our needs for some Privacy/DownTime - on days we dont have any rides scheduled ...
& the horses are not groomed/saddled, until we have reservations, anyway. :) THANKS !
2. Off St Rt 33 , follow St Rt 180 South (towards Laurelville), for 4 miles - to St Rt 678.
3. Go Straight/LEFT onto St Rt 678.
( *** WATCH OUT for oncoming Traffic here ! )
4. Follow 678 another 4 miles ----
to a STOP sign at St Rt 374.
5. Turn RIGHT onto 374 & follow 3/10's of a mile, to the 1st road on your LEFT.
- you will see our large 4x4 foot sign by a cattle field fence, here.
6. That is "Keister", & it will become "Keifel" --- (township line is a name change ... do not let it confuse you) & *** PLEASE WATCH for Truck/HorseTrailer & Horse/Rider - once you are on our road !
7. We are approximately @ 2.8 miles from 374 down this road, on the LEFT side.
8. You will pass "Webster Rd." on left & "Sowers Rd." on right. ( NEITHER of these go all the way thru from Big Pine Rd --- so, if you are using a GPS, Do NOT let it lie to you ! )
9. Look for our signs ( Dark Blue, with White Letters & arrows ) ---- by road at the driveway & MailBox.
10. YOUR HERE !
Come LEFT in drive (it's a very sharp turn right now - we will improve that) & park where you can ... we need to put in more gravel & bigger parking area .... in the meantime - please try not to get stuck ! :)
QUESTIONS ? YOU MAY SUBMIT IT TO US HERE, BUT DON'T EXPECT AN IMMEDIATE REPLY; SOMEDAYS , E-MAIL DOESNT GET CHECKED.
IF AN ANSWER IS NEEDED SOONER - - - -
CALL (740) 380-6230 & leave a message.
You can also message us on FaceBook at
WE WELCOME CUSTOMER COMMENTS & PICTURES.
( Please let us know if it would be Okay - if we shared them publicly -
& we can just use initials or first names - if you want )
Spring is here !!!
(According to the Weather Forecast, anyway) LOL
I think I can manage to do a few rides ....
*** Due to my Father's Illness - many things are more difficult .... & there are a few things you should know before calling for a ride.
#1 ... I may have to cancel - in case of Parent Emergency, or if I myself fall ill ----
there is no one to fill in for me.
#2 ... for the month of April, I will not be taking any Novices riding, (a Novice is someone with less than 10 hours riding experience) ***the horses are 'Frisky' in the Spring & they haven't been ridden much yet.
#3 ... there will probably be no rides before Noon - as I am the only one getting them ready. BUT, if you want to help with that before & after the ride (& dont mind getting Hairy & Dirty) you can earn a discount .
#4 ... maximum group size is 5 ... I only have 6 horses. & grooming that many muddy horses, takes time & a very strong arm / shoulder (which I have trouble with)
#5 ... no one under 16 years old - right now - unless they have 20+ hours riding experience (that's a Beginner + Rider)
#6 ... as always - reservations need to be atleast 1 day in advance & I sometimes do not have a free hand, or the time - to return phone calls till evening.
***If I was away at my Parents the day you called, I'm often not home till @ 11pm & would not call you back at that hour.
Wow - where did 2013 go ??
It was a very hectic year .... probably the worst since we started - we had moved to a new house & had to figure out how we were gonna do things & many times, it was some hair-brained ideas; but, we made em work ! LOL
MANY thanks to all those riders - who stuck it out with us this year & some, for many years. Thanks to those who we couldnt take riding for one reason or another, but understood & said -- 'next time' !